This is my very first blog, EVER! I am very hopeful that I will LOVE maintaining it and putting my thoughts into print. Just today, my mother and I were having trouble remembering a significant life event. After much discussion on figuring who did what and where it happened, she and I decided it might be helpful to start writing things down. Now, we are both going to keep a journal.
My mom plans to use a good ole' standard notebook and pen while I am going to try out blogging. My mom's initial concern with blogging was that she didn't want the whole world reading what she would be writing. I tried to explain that I can decide who can read my blog and who can't...but that still did not convince her and she won't even entertain the idea. (I hope I'm actually right about that!) I have had similar discussions with her about facebook, too. I sometimes find it exhausting to always have to be a "technology cheerleader," when I am just learning myself.
Anyway, as I earn my Master's Degree in Educational Technology, it is my goal to reach out to other teachers, much like my mom, and help them embrace technology and not be afraid to try new things. If you hate it, you hate it, but if you love it...well then, share it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment