Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Cool Classroom...

When I think about what makes a classroom inviting, I picture bright colors and textures everywhere. There is a place for everything and all of the supplies are neatly organized. Bulletin boards are decorated, the blinds are open, and the lights are on. The classroom sink is sparkling and there is fun hand soap, just waiting to be used.

You want to make it so that kids feel comfortable in your classroom or learning space.

Much of what makes a home inviting, makes a classroom inviting, too. I think my classroom might be even more inviting than my house. It might be because I care about what other people think and anyone, at any given moment, can see my classroom. But at my house, I actually have to invite them in to see it. When I have time, I enjoy decorating and making my house as welcoming as I can. I'm sure this will continue, as my boys get older. I'll want all of the kids to be at MY house, where I can keep an eye on them! I'll have to make my house appeal to high school kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment