Monday, April 12, 2010

What NOT to Teach

Looking at what you teach and trying to pick it apart and figure out what you're doing that isn't good, can be difficult to do. I'd like to think that everything that I teach is worthwhile or at least done in a way that makes it seem more worthwhile. However, I know that I have strengths and weaknesses. I guess finding out what those "What NOT to Teach" items are, is in your best interest as a teacher.

Teaching is an ongoing process. We need to learn...in order to teach. Possibly the best solution would be to make an honest effort at collaboration and sharing ideas with others. We learn by example. We need to seek out the good examples to make our teaching better.

Children are like sponges...and teachers should be, too. We need to soak up the good stuff and squeeze out the bad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment